My Photo
Name:
Location: Fort Myers, Florida, United States

People tell me that my sarcasm and cynicism will get me into trouble some day. We'll see.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Freeze! Drop that Popsicle Stick!


Here's a thought. How about instead of suspending little kids for innocently bringing items to school resembling weapons in the name of Zero Tolerance, let's go after the students who are carrying real weapons to school.

Here's how Dictionary.com defines weapon:

n.
  1. An instrument of attack or defense in combat, as a gun, missile, or sword.

  2. Zoology A part or organ, such as a claw or stinger, used by an animal in attack or defense.

  3. A means used to defend against or defeat another: Logic was her weapon.



Note in particular the example in the third definition. "Logic was her weapon."

The thought of how school administrators would apply Zero-Tolerance to a student using logic as a weapon scares me.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home