My Photo
Name:
Location: Fort Myers, Florida, United States

People tell me that my sarcasm and cynicism will get me into trouble some day. We'll see.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Surprise!

A man walked into his house and discovered nearly all of his family in his living room.

After pausing to catch his breath, he spoke.

"Grandma! What are you doing here all the way from Texas? Aunt Winnie! Cousin Bill! Long time, no see! How are the kids? But this isn't my birthday or anniversary. What is the special occasion for this surprise family reunion?"

Then his wife spoke.

"You say Surprise family reunion... we say Intervention..."

2 Comments:

Blogger James Burnett said...

Hey, I just commented on the fencing. I'm probably the only nitwit who didn't get that you were teasing. Or were you?

Anyway, this one's funny. Reunion vs. Intervention. Strange how the same thing can be perceived differently.

Speaking of Intervention, ever watch that show? I have a morbid fascination with self-destructive people. Just watched it this evening. I think it's the whole car wreck on the side of the highway syndrome. You don't want to rubberneck but can't help but watch.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

James, the post you reference:

http://sarcasticynic.blogspot.com
/2006/11/fencing.html

was mere sarcasm. Re: Intervention, I saw it for the first time just recently. I, too, was fascinated by the story and admit to a few tears welling up when they got to the "follow up."

Monday, November 13, 2006 6:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home