My Photo
Name:
Location: Fort Myers, Florida, United States

People tell me that my sarcasm and cynicism will get me into trouble some day. We'll see.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

You can't see me


Cloaking devices render objects invisible using metamaterials:

By Sarah Yang, Media Relations 11 August 2008

BERKELEY
Scientists at the University of California, Berkeley, have for the first time engineered 3-D materials that can reverse the natural direction of visible and near-infrared light, a development that could help form the basis for higher resolution optical imaging, nanocircuits for high-powered computers, and, to the delight of science-fiction and fantasy buffs, cloaking devices that could render objects invisible to the human eye.

Now if they could only cloak my "love handles."
.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about this. It is a pretty awesome concept. Although I might also have heard that Chinese scientists have already found a way to defeat it.

Sunday, October 12, 2008 8:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home