My Photo
Name:
Location: Fort Myers, Florida, United States

People tell me that my sarcasm and cynicism will get me into trouble some day. We'll see.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I Can't Hear Without My Glasses


I was sitting at my desk working and a coworker came to the door with a question. I asked her to repeat it, and she did, but I still couldn't make out what she was saying.

I said, "Hold on a minute; let me put on my glasses."

"What do you need your glasses for?" she began, "I'm not showing you anything; I'm asking you something."

"I realize that," I started, " but at my age I am beginning to lose my hearing. Now I find it helpful to read lips as people are talking. With lip reading and listening, I can usually understand."

Therefore, I can't hear without my glasses.

.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How old are you?

Thursday, February 05, 2009 9:03:00 PM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

I'll be 54 in a few weeks. But I listened to a lot of rock music in my teens and 20s.

Friday, February 06, 2009 4:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is funny.

Saturday, February 07, 2009 2:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't either... except I'm fifteen. Neither can my sister.

Thursday, August 05, 2010 2:59:00 AM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

Have either of you had your hearing checked lately? Unless you're already aware of a hearing impairment, 15 seems awfully young to need to read lips to comprehend speech.

Thursday, August 05, 2010 7:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home